Test Proctoring Guidelines
The Reference Department of the Harborfields Public Library is available to proctor both written and online exams for students pursuant to the following guidelines. It is the student’s responsibility to check with his or her institution to be sure they will accept our procedures. Students must submit a Test Proctoring Request Form for each exam that needs to be proctored.
- At this time, test proctoring is only available to Town of Huntington residents.
- All exams must be scheduled in advance. We do not offer walk-in proctoring of exams.
- Students should arrive on time, or if unable to keep appointment, call to reschedule.
- Exams can only be proctored during regular library hours.
- While there will be an initial contact person, any staff member can administer the exam. The Library reserves the right to substitute a proctor, when necessary.
- Staff will not be able to continuously monitor the student during the exam, but may check on the student periodically. The exam will be administered on the honor system.
- It is the student’s responsibility to arrange for the exam to be delivered to the library. The Library cannot proctor exams that students bring in themselves.
- Students must bring photo ID and any supplies needed to take the exam.
- The Library will retain paper exams for 30 days from the date of receipt.
- Tests must be completed 20 minutes prior to closing time.
- The Library will provide a computer that has Microsoft Word and Internet access. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that the computing resources are adequate.
- If test instructions do not specifically mention open book, open notes, the use of a calculator, cell phone, the students own computer or other electronic devices, we will assume that the student cannot use these items while taking their test.
- Proctors will not sign a proctoring verification that attests to more than the staff member has been able to do and/or beyond the scope afforded by library guidelines.
- The Library is not responsible for exams that are interrupted by Library emergencies, power failures, computer hardware or software failures.
- We will email, fax or mail (envelope and stamp provided by student) your completed exam.
- The Harborfields Public Library is not responsible for any delay in receiving exams, nor for any completed exams after they leave the Library’s possession.
To request test proctoring, please complete and submit the form linked below.