The library is happy to offer Harborfields Public Library Teen and Adult card holders in good standing the ability to submit projects to be printed on one of the library’s 3D printers. The 3D Printer can create a physical object based on a design supplied as a digital file. These can be designs you’ve created yourself, or designs you’ve obtained from the public domain, such as Thingiverse.com, and have permission to use. All files will be reviewed by library staff to ensure compliance with this agreement and all other library policies prior to printing.
- All files will be printed by library staff.
- Only one job may be submitted at a time.
- All files submitted must be in .stl format.
- Items are limited in size to 9 x 6 inches and 7 inches in height.
- The library offers PLA filament only.
- Objects are printed using only the library's filament.
- Colors are subject to availability. (See Teen'Scape staff for current choices).
- Your item must be able to print in 7 hours or less.
- We will contact you when your item is ready to be picked up. Any items that have not been picked up become property of the library after two weeks.
- There is a charge of 25 cents for each 30 minutes of printing, payable upon pickup.
- 3D Printing rules may change at any time.
The 3D printer may be used only for lawful purposes. Library users may not create material that is:
- Prohibited by local, state or federal law.
- Unsafe, harmful, dangerous, or poses an immediate threat to the well-being of others.
- An object that may function as a weapon or part of a weapon.
- Obscene or otherwise inappropriate for the library environment.
- In violation of another's intellectual property rights.
- Copyrighted, patented, trademarked, or registered.
Fill out the 3D Printing Form here: